As you might have guessed, I’m kind of english. Born in the UK, I lived there for 8 years, before moving to France. I have the dual nationality (UK/FR), and a British passport.
Basically, I have 2 big blocks of experience of around 15 years each:
- One in advertising, as a copywriter and creative director (82/94)
- One in Internet activities, as webmaster, founder of a webagency, and web consultant. (94/to now)
Now: dubuzz.com (freelance, since 2002)
Web project management, internet and social media training, e-marketing, copywriting for advertising and web. Clients : advertising agencies, web agencies, companies.
97/01: Founder and creative director webagency ZawStudio
- Internet start-up created in october 1997
- Recruitment and management of creative teams
- Creative management of clients’ projects
- Content management and copywriting
- In charge of the agency’s promotion (PR, advertising)
- Major accounts: Adecco, Alstom, Aventis Pasteur, Cap Gemini, Cegid, Essilor, Go Sport, Grand Lyon, Infoconcert.com, Infogrames (ATARI), Lever, MBK, Mc Donald’s, Opéra de Lyon, Rhodia, Schneider Electric, Yahoo! France…
94/97: Webmaster and communication manager, Infogrames/Atari
- Creator and Webmaster of the first version of Infogrames corporate website (1995)
In charge of:
- web-design, content management, updates, product modules, promotion.
- communication for product launches (video games & multimedia programs)
- Strategy, PR, mediaplanning, in collaboration with marketing department
- Creative management, copywriting
Many product launch campaigns supervised: Sim City, Alone in the Dark, Prisoner of Ice. Production of a corporate CD Rom.
91/94: Freelance copywriter
Clientele of advertising agencies and companies
89/91: Senior copywriter agency Jump-BDDP
- Several creativity awards for campaigns I conceived (radio, print, poster, …)
- Major accounts: Beaujolais wines, Lustucru, Björg, BMW, Adecco, Angénieux, Casio, Laboratoires Boiron,…
86/89: Creative Director, agency Prominter
Reorganization of the creative department to stimulate the agency’s creative image.
- Recruitment and management of new creative teams.
- The agency received several creativity awards (87-88) and was awarded Agency of the year in 1987
- In charge of the agency’s communication (PR, advertising)
- Major accounts: Kelly, Mutasudest, Vision StreetWear, Karting, Floriane, France Air, Credit Agricole, Lyonnaise de Banque,…
Copywriter J. WALTER THOMPSON agency and CAPRICORNE agency (82/86)
- Major accounts: Look, Duret, Cofradel, Rockwool, Sopexa, Rossignol (ski & tennis), Black & Decker, Val Thorens, Lombardini,…
In 2005 I issued a blog (JNSM) relating my one year experience on a dating site (Meetic). The blog was a huge succes, with 500 000 visitors and over 2,5 million page views in 5 months. It had quite a big media coverage, and I was contacted by several editors to publish a book about the experience. I wrote the final manuscript in 5 months, and the book was published in october 2005 (Robert Laffont). It was adapted as a radio serie for a Swiss radio, and I wrote 50 2mn episodes, and did the voice. I also published 2 humoristic comics about online dating, as a scenarist, and wrote a pitch for a sitcom on the same theme.
> article in The Times
> article in the Washington Post
Musical blind-tests (quiz)
I love musical blind-tests*, and do quite a lot as a DJ, and also as a contestant. I’m quite good, because eclectic. And I love the « musical archeology » that’s necessary to prepare a cool playlist. I organise on a regular basis blindtest partys in Lyon, as a « BJ ».
In 2007 I opened a blog on the subject: http//blindtest.org, and in 2009 created a non-profit organisation devoted to the promotion of the « fine art of the musical blindtest » ;-). One thing leading to another, I have also animated big corporate events on this theme for major companies, which leaded to the creation of a new company dedicated to this activity.
> See some references and videos.
*In France, we call it a « blind test », but english people would probably say « musical quiz ».
Some good reasons to work with me?
A strong « web-culture » and a solid project management experience
- Online and producing web-content since 1995
- 10 years experience in interactive entertainment & communication (Atari, web-agencies..)
- Strong sense of what makes interactive communication work
- Creative direction and project management for over 100 corporate web-sites
- « Hands-on » experience of web production (several personal web-sites created and maintained)
Conceptual and writing skills.
- Good conceptual and writing skills (French & English)
- Strong copywriting background, for a wide range of accounts
- Consistent experience of creative management (advertising & web)
- Born in the U.K, where I lived for 8 years
- Dual nationality, British passport
- Bilingual French/English (TOEIC test : 960/990)
- Willing to work in an motivating international environment